Monday, February 18, 2008

It's not you, it's me.

I need a break! I can't believe how much time work has taken over. Between snow storms and rescheduling, instructor fits, follow ups, calendar mishaps and what not I'm in desperate need of another vacation. Can't I just lay under the covers and never move? I hate that feeling, the dread of going into work wondering what shit-storm you'll have to put out or how you're going to bite your tongue when you want to go in and rip people's heads off.

But I've had it being Ms. Nice Girl. I had it last year too and ended up having to sit through so many damn meetings about how people were now afraid to approach me because I had balls and wouldn't put up with their shit - so I reverted back. But I'm not a doormat and I'm sick of being trotted on, I'm sick of being talked down too. The truth is, yes, I make good money for "my age" as my boss put it - but you don't pay me enough to deal with this crap and you especially don't pay me enough for what I've done for the company.

But I digress, I hate my job sometimes.

Due to the work struggles and what not, I haven't been able to post much. I haven't been able to breathe for goodness sake. Not to mention, throw in all the random events of the week and the networking and POOF! it's been too long.

Because you might not be interested in everything - and I hate really long posts - I've broken them down into littler posts below! :)

3 comments:

MD said...

Not to be a jerk, but it was like 50 something degrees today in my neck of the woods!

Global what?

Also, is it legal for your boss to even mention your age at all?

Work sucks. People can treat you like sh*t and the instant you do the same, you're in trouble. Gotta love it. Be happy knowing it happens to a lot of people kid!

Glad to see you bloggin'!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, work does suck. The shit-storms, tongue biting and those meetings must happen to most of us at work. I know I've been through it and still go through it at times ......ugh.

Anyway, I hope things get better for you. And I'm so glad you're bloggin' too!! Because I sure have missed ya!! *hugs and kisses*

Anonymous said...

I'm having withdrawals from your postings. Where are you?? LOL I hope everythings ok.