Thursday, September 28, 2006

Why friends shouldn't do other peoples friends.

So much to write ... sorry for the lack of updates; however, there's been a hell of a lot of lack of sleep and, of course, a good handful of drama. Where to start?

J has been seeing a friend of mine for a couple months now, who is a NOTORIOUS womanizer, and so not monogamous - even when he likes someone. He even has been known to pass a girl on to a friend and then break up with her because she "cheated" on him. We're going to call him SC or self-centered.

For the most part I haven't minded their relationship, it seemed to be "fun" and not serious. Well, then SC started seeing another friend of mine, R, and things got weird. J knows R, but has never mentioned that all while SC was hanging out with R she was messing around with him too.

Well, SC & J were out at a bar and SC introduced a "friend" - FYI, another girl he's messing around with on the side and made it clear to J that he wasn't ready to settle down. She did the right thing and told him she needed to step back, he got offended and left her at the bar. Thank God I was there, because I drove her back.

I'm not sure why, but J then continued to mess around with SC and we got the 1/2 brained scheme to make up a dude to just give him a piece of his own medicine. Well, in natural fashion, it didn't go over well.

Fast forward to Tuesday, I had surgery which did not go well. Another round in biopsy land and found out that I have to have 3 more done, under sedation. A bit upset, I called J and said that I hoped she could drive me to & home from surgery and I couldn't wait for some girl time at 6:30 (we were supposed to meet up and see BG's band play later and she was, for once, going to drive, since I wasn't feeling up to it). Well, about 1/2 an hour later she calls saying that her and SC were going for a ride and they would meet up with me after 6:30. Pissed, I told her to just hang out with SC then, I'd go home. She called back and said she'd meet me at 6:30 with him. Well, they showed on his bike (so much for the ride) ... we had some dinner & drinks, I got stuck with the bill and then we headed out to the bar to see the band.

BG was setting up so I let him do his thing and we all played darts, in the mean time SC is being a dick. At one point I informed him that tonight wasn't actually about him - it was about me. This didn't stop him.

We went into the bar and got a table, I got a beer. CB showed up (turns out I invited him on Friday when I was a little drunk) and J turns to me to inform me that her & SC were fighting and needed to leave. I told her to let him leave, I'd drive her back, she insisted that they needed to leave. I told her this wasn't about them, tonight was about me. She apologized saying that she'd make it up to me and promptly left me sitting at the table.

I left shortly after, but was still incredibly pissed. I called SC & J, leaving them a similar message along these lines ...

I'm incredibly pissed at you right now. Tonight was not about SC & J, it was about a supposed friend that had surgery and got bad news. I don't understand how our friendship works. So I can see you guys, we go out every week and I pay because you're broke, when you fight, I talk to you in the middle of the night. I had surgery for godsake and you can't even hang around with me? This friendship is ridiculous. You're a shitty friend.

I promptly went home and deleted SC as my friend on myspace, juvenile - yes, but I was over our friendship.

Fast forward to the morning after and an array of text messages from J.

J: Look, I told you I was sorry before I even left last night. I feel awful. But I didn't have a choice whether or not to stay. If I did I would have. Again, I'm sorry."

MG: Actually you did...you chose not to stay. You know I would've drove you.

J: I didn't want you to. Last week was embarassing enough AND my purse and keys were in his bedroom.

J:I will give you the money friday, you know I had it last night, things just got out of control. Again I'm sorry ...

MG: It doesn't matter anyhow and I don't want the money ...

J: It does matter. It all does. UR one of my best friends and I love you. I should not have left and I did for various reasons. But I can't change that. I'm sorry

Well, that was just the start. R myspaced me in the morning that she noticed SC wasn't one of my friends and she hoped he didn't delete me because of her (he deleted her that day as well). I emailed her back that he deleted her because he thought she messed around with another friend of ours this weekend. She said no, the only person that she's been sleeping with is SC.

Wait. What? SC had told J and me, more so incinuated to J and me, that he had not slept with her. J had informed me that he had the HPV strain that gives you genital warts and, as a friend to her and because HPV has ruined my life, I needed to tell R. I side stepped and asked if they used a condom - turns out he insisted that they not because she was on the pill. I told her to get tested, he had genital warts. Okay, probably not smart but I would expect someone to tell me if the tables were turned.

After hanging out awhile, I called J, realizing sh*t was about to hit the fan big time. I left her a message, Listen, as your friend I will let you know that I went out with R tonight and there's somethings you should know. R & SC have been having sex, he insisted on them not using a condom. I told her about the STD, she also didn't sleep with X and, by the way, SC insisting she's psychotically text messaging and calling him - turns out he starts those conversations, I saw the call & text log.

Of course I haven't heard anything from her, nor do I intend to. In a way SC and her are perfect for eachother, but in another way I just know she's screwing up friendships and he'll end up screwing her - both figuratively and actually - and she'll have no one to turn too.

No comments: