Friday, September 15, 2006

The Results Are In

Here's how today went.

CB never contacted me after yesterday, a little perterved I told BG that my client ditched me and I'd love for him to spend the evening with me.

BG met me at my friend's party, to which the birthday boy exclaimed that I had taken his place (he's in love right now) as "Big Daddy," as he's notorious for starting the evening with one date and ending with another. I said that we would see since CB hadn't even called back.

As usual, me and BG were having a good old time and we went to the event. It was nice of him to starve through it for me - it's not his cup of tea. As we went in, I spotted CB but ignored him looking for a seat in the packed house - until I felt a tap and he was behind me. Turns out he had saved some seats and BOTH BG and CB sat down on opposite sides of me.

I enjoyed the lecture, but BG didn't - or he sensed that I really liked CB and wanted to give me space. I wanted to attend the reception as did CB so BG went to the bar (are you following this?) and I went to the reception.

It was amazing tonight, the breeze was just enough to cuddle slightly in but still be outside. CB was amazed at my knowledge of art and classics and invited me to a big art showing in Chicago in November (that's right - 2 months out?) - which I said yes to (of course). We spent some time looking at the work at the reception hall and I noticed I missed 2 calls.

Turns out BG didn't like the bar and had my car - so he was about 3 blocks over. Then our mutual friend, N had called saying she was at the bar where my friend's party was and we should come out. I made no mention of CB, but convinced him to come out for one.

I walked into the bar with not 1 - but 2 - guys. Eek. I wanted BG to give me space, but he affirmed that he really wanted to be with me - double eek. N came up to me, declaring she needed to go to the bathroom - NOW and with me.

This is where she informed me she had just spoken with CB and he told her that he really likes me and wants to formally ask me out (ohh). Confused, I attended to both gentleman like a lady (and not a lady of the night).

BG left to meet friends and CB and I talked on the way home. He's adorable - damn it. Crap. BG left me a voicemail to please call when I got home or if I was going to the bar he was at.

In front of CB's place, he kissed me - and it was good. Maybe because of what N had said, or maybe because we were sitting. Either way, I didn't drive to Madison for a piece of a$$.

I called BG and made plans for Wednesday when my friend JL is in town and informed him I was home.

That's the results :)

No comments: