Friday, September 15, 2006

A Conundrum.

There is an event tonight that I really want to go to, lacking a social contact for it and not hearing it mentioned by my peers, I asked if BG would like to attend, to which he said yes. We planned dinner, the event and a birthday party for a friend.

After not hearing from CB for almost a week, I gave up and thought this to be a steadfast plan. Thought it was.

I got an email yesterday morning from CB explaining his delay in contact - and inviting me to attend an event Friday (tonight) that he would be attending. Hmmm. It's the same event! Being incredibly shy, I knew that if I told him that I was going with BG (who he knows) he would never ask me out again. So I tried to think it through.

Even though he's not the best at this whole dating thing, I still for some reason like him so I opted to tell BG that I had to go with a client (technically not a lie - CB is a client of my company). He thought it to be no big deal and said he was going to go with a friend any how ...

So now they are both going. Hopefully CB isn't BG's friend, wouldn't that make for a funny story where I don't come out of my room for 2 weeks.

In the meantime, CB hasn't responded to my response. Hello, it's Friday. What time are we going, where are we meeting? Geez. It's not that hard of a concept to grasp kiddo! So I'm apt to just go with BG anyway and screw this whole deal.

No comments: