Saturday, October 04, 2008

Oh Time Flies.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.

My computer took a nosedive in June, leaving me without a machine to blog on and for some reason I couldn't get my mobile blogging hooked up.

Guess I'll give you a lot to read!

I think I'm still bitter. I have found out over the last few months that my former employer isn't quite saying the nicest things about me - and while expected, I often listened to her canter even about employees who were on the "good" list while there, it still hurts - no matter what she says I did extremely well for that company. I have heard that I lied and cheated clients (beyond untrue), was sexually promiscuous with clients (again, not true - read the prior posts!), was "unethical" in my business practices (still not even sure what the heck would qualify as this) and unreliable (I beat the other sales persons sales the last three months there). I've also heard canter about my body weight, dress, etc. It really makes you wonder about people that were supposed to be your friends. I've also been abandoned by most of our mutual friends and acquaintances due to their chosen loyalty with the former.

Yet I'm still making referrals to them. And not even getting thanked or response emails.

I moved in with the BF - and love it. I took the plunge, unsure about the consequences. The worst that could happen would be we break up, I move out. But we're not even close. On the days he doesn't work and I do, I feel like I come home to a "wife" - he does the laundry (even folds it!) and cleans the house. If I'm having a long day - he cooks dinner and makes sure I have a cocktail. I have dinner ready when he gets home and am in charge of the dishes, I fall asleep before him and he snuggles into bed. Communication is at the highest, sex is more often and its nice to not be at home alone.

I'm also in charge of the dog. I got a puppy! A lean mean shepherd machine. We got a dog at the end of June - a cute little mischievous four legged licker.

I am in love with my job, but its still temporary. Its completely different than anything I've been in charge of. Its "open communication" - literally. There's no hidden meetings, silent agendas, email exchanges. If something is wrong its addressed with out the collection of five other people. I feel confident in my writing again, my articles have been nationally published. I get to run events - and my ideas and opinions count. When the VP of the company (who you didn't think even knew your name) finds you to tell you that you're doing great - the feeling is incredible! I'm still on contract though, until the end of December, so I'm still on a bed of nails of what will happen then. I get paid decent, but after insurance, 401K, etc it's not that much more.

I'm 3 cigs away from being a non-smoker. No more high stress environment also means no relief needed from smoking. The last 10 years I've smoked and I'm gradually quitting, down to around 3 a day.

I don't really drink anymore. Hold that tone! Nope - I honestly don't drink that much anymore. I can't even remember the last point of intoxication.

I feel a little screwed on the loss of my laptop. I'll admit, I had given up on its rescue and stupidly said to a friend that if it could be saved, she could have it for the cost of repairs after my file recoveries. I didn't realize that it could get fixed so cheap - $270.00 with a new hard drive. She gave me $200 for the machine, I could have sold it for $500 on Craigslist or eBay with its new maxed out hard drive, but I couldn't afford to pay the guy right away for the repairs and she could. So I took a $70 scrap out of my personal pocket for pretty much nothing. I am on the search for an affordable new laptop.

And with that note, my night is done for now. I will blog pretty much every day until my files are all burned to a disk and I turn in my baby to my friend.

1 comment:

Lauren Elizabeth said...

Wow, it sounds like everything is going great! And I hope your old boss gets what's coming to her...