Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Fight for it.

One of the biggest problems (I did say ONE) I have with the BF is that he doesn't fight for us. He lets me walk away, he doesn't run after me. On Saturday I brought this up to him and he said it's not his way.

Well, Friday is Opening Day and we'll see if he finally does. Five of my overprotective friends will be with us on Opening Day - it's his decision on whether or not to face them or to walk away. I'm hoping he faces them.

See, when the drinks are pouring people have a way of saying whatever is on their mind - and I have a feeling a couple people won't have kind words to say to him when that does happen. Most of them are expecting a sudden illness on Friday morning.

I'm really hoping he decides that he's going to go - no matter what - and prove to my friends that he's there for me.

But we'll see ...

3 comments:

Lauren Elizabeth said...

I understand what you mean, as girls we always want them to come after us and as guys they would rather leave it alone. Coincidentally, I got upset with my BF Friday night and left his place to go to my place. Then I yelled at him for not coming after me, lol. I think it's just a guy thing and that they should realize that we need them to show us that they are willing to chase us.

Anonymous said...

I think this is what dudes are complaining about when they refer to the "head games" women play. I'm a 25-year-old woman and I totally get the wanting to feel important to the significant other. That said, life is not The Notebook. There is no dramatic climatic drama followed by some romantic ending. Nothing is more infuriating than feeling like the BF is indifferent in an argument. I've stopped hoping for "the chase" and started hoping for someone who knows how to get me to stop running and stay and duke it out (verbally). If I leave or push someone away, it's DEFINITELY because I need some space and not a litmus test for where I stand with a BF.

Hopefully both your friends and the BF will be confident enough to face each other, at least civilly.

Anonymous said...

Ha, in Milwaukee Girl's case, I'm pretty sure the boyfriend actually is pretty indifferent. Some people just like to do things the hard way though, and it does make for good blogging.