Sunday, June 18, 2006

Oh - so much to recap

Bad blogger again. I'm a blog-aholic and when you can see there are no blogs I guess that means I'm really freaking busy so this blog may be a bit random and not storyline accurate, but it'll recap.

About two weeks ago I finished dog sitting, to celebrate I busted open a fabulous Italian vodka (a thank-you from their trip) and put on my fancy new shoes to get ready to go out. In the process, I proceeded downstairs to my apartment only to wipe out on my ass; therefore, breaking my tailbone (again - it happened to me as a waitress as well). I have been in pain since, but know that the only thing they can do is prescribe some really great drugs that I can't afford and offer me the "lovely" red donut to sit on until I heal. So in the meantime it's 12 advil a day (not doctor recommended). That's about it for the excitement.

My schedule has gotten so complicated the last few weeks that I went back to writing everything in my planner. That being said, as I was jotting down items I realized I often doubled and triple booked myself on regular occassions. For instance, my dear friend was coming in from New York on Wednesday night - misjudging the hours in the day I had a 4:00pm meeting with a new client, a 6:00 softball game followed by a cocktail and wings and then picking her up from the airport at 10. Thank goodness she flew in from La Guirda which meant her plane was delayed 1/2 an hour - I was able to pick her up in time. I had thought ahead and taken Thursday off, but then scheduled a seminar with potential clients that day and forgot about the big awards ceremony on Thursday night. She said she would love to go to the ceremony, so I promptly bought her a ticket. Wednesday night we enjoyed drinks at an old pub (her not me, I was on a diet coke only budget so I could cover her drinks) and then realized it was 2:30am. We headed home, I slept a couple hours and left for Pewaukee that morning.

After the seminar, we went shopping in the third ward and got changed for the awards show. After a quick change and some hair fluffing, we headed back downtown, picked up my boss and then went to the show. We puroused the entries only to find one of my old ads entered with my name on it! Happily, I anticipated finding out what I could have won. Our ad took home the silver nut! In excitement, we left, had a cocktail at our Thursday hang out and found our energy waining.

Not willing to let the night be over, we headed to Milwaukee's Safehouse, an entertaining bar with hidden passage ways and puzzle walls. After an hour or so there, we headed home.

I had taken the morning off on Friday, dropped my friend at her car, had a meeting, finished with work, and then decided to take a moment to unwind. An early bed time, but well needed rest.

Yesterday I anticipated doing much more, only to do much less. After driving all over Milwaukee and its suburbs, I finally found a couple hats my dad had wanted for father's day, I then had a cocktail by my mom, got a sinus headache and laid down for a minute - which turned into two hours. The dog I was sitting for showed up about 7:30, I walked her, played with her and was in bed by 9.

Today has been a very chill day - it's been pouring rain since early this morning so I've spent some much needed time at home. My head is still aching, so I took a bit of a nap and did some grocery shopping for my dad (after all - it's his day). Then I thought to myself - crap, I should really blog...

So that's the activities blog for me the past couple weeks. I also made a decision that since our payroll is a bit off (the second & fourth Fridays of every month) and this month is coming up to where we go three weeks without income, that I would finally get a credit card to tie me over. I was approved for a platinum card but asked for a low credit line so that I can make sure I can pay it off every month and not be tempted to buy things I don't need. It arrived yesterday. I also decided that I will get a gym membership this week. I have the gym in my apartment, but when faced with being at home and working out I opt to watch TV and relax. If I have a membership, at least when I get bored and want to do something, I'll head to the gym.

And that's about it!

I will hopefully be keeping up with blogging this week and actually participate in the Thursday Thirteen, as I've missed the last two ...

No comments: