Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Revelations of Last Night.

It started with harmless drinks with the BF's ex wife and a friend I'll call GS (guy stealer).

First I get told a story of banter at the Ex and the BF's Thanksgiving on Sunday. Someone asked if they were together, she told them they used to be but now she was with her fiance and that I'd become shortly. The BF joked to her that at least she upgraded. Okay, so does that make me a downgrade? Then she said, "I told him if even said you were a downgrade I'd break his legs. And then he shut up. Okay. So I am a downgrade. Lovely.

GS showed up and more stories of the BF got going. She mentioned on July 4 at our family picnic (where they were both present) that it was extremely apparent the BF wanted to get with her. I am his girlfriend and your friend, but thanks for the story.

GS is actually with AD now. They hooked up while she knew that him and I were still a bit together, hence the GS title. She said that the BF and AD have eased up on eachother because now the BF knows he doesn't have a shot with her and AD is not a threat because their together.

Wow. Is any of this supposed to make me feel better?

The Ex, who weighs maybe an ounce, kept reiterating that the BF doesn't NORMALLY like big girls. Ahem, that would be me.

While I don't mind either girls, this did nothing for my self esteem and off to home I went to contemplate.

At around 11 the BF called to tell me that he talked w/the ex and heard that I offered to bring their son to the Turkey Bowl if the BF wouldn't make it. Which of course didn't go over well on his already drinking butt.

Which came to his tyrant about how is ex is still so involved in his life and he wants to move away, but can't because of the Kid. And over, and over, about how SHE left him, not the other way around. How she keeps running back to him and he doesn't know what to do. HE went to the counseling, she didn't. How HE tried to make it work. He was so sick of HER trying to get back into his life, because SHE always runs back to her ex.

I told him to have fun at poker and reflected under the premise of Captain and Lunestas about what just occurred.

First of all, I think it means he still loves her because he wanted me to understand that he didn't leave her.

Second of all, I was never mentioned once as a reason why he'd stay or why she should leave him alone.

Third, I don't want to be a downgrade.

Fourth, the conclusion. This isn't good for any of us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told you that guy was a peckerwood.

Anonymous said...

Haha, you changed your myspace page back to single. Guess that makes it official. At least you will not have to pretend whatever half ass Christmas present he was going to get you made you happy.

Anonymous said...

Remember the old saying, "A drunk mans (or womans) tongue is a sober man's mind." Meaning: He/she wouldn't say anything drunk that hadn't been thought about sober. They don't call booze liquid courage for nothing!