Friday, November 09, 2007

Getting back to normal.

The last few days have left me with a bit of a bad taste in my mouth regarding the BF. I was seriously contemplating whether or not this is really what I wanted in my life and the answer was indefinitely no. So last night when the phone rang, I hesitated picking it up, I could blame it on the fact that I was still at a networking event...

But I did, because - as always - I fold. I was greeted by "Hey sexy sugar plum."

I asked him if he was drunk, turns out he was just trying to be sweet and then I realized, maybe this kind of reaction makes him not want to be emotional with me. I went to his house and cuddled up for 1408, which by the way - was not as good as I thought it could be. He was different, not cold but the guy that I was falling in love with. He kissed the top of my head, "Your hair smells good." That was all he needed to do earlier in the week, that little action made me feel genuine.

With my bumps and bruises almost gone, the sweet kisses and touching were welcome and we climbed into his bed for a little one-on-one time. Then we cuddled. I couldn't remember the last time we cuddled. His skin is so incredibly soft, and he touched me while we laid there and even though he didn't say it, I knew he was thinking that he was glad I was there.

I tossed & turned for a couple hours but then gave into how tired I was and woke up touching his back. It was incredibly nice. He quietly got out of bed and let me sleep, a kiss on my forehead to see if I wanted to sleep longer or get up followed.

Where was this guy a couple days ago??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like this guy is turning out to be just like your guy from Madison. He puts on a good front when he needs some lovin', but has no problem blowing you off when you might interfere with his plans.

wearingthepants said...

MG, I'm sorry, I love your blog, but I'm going to have to agree with anonymous. I cringed reading that last post.

Anonymous said...

I dont know how I got started reading your blog, but in part because I have a 22 year old daughter, and that in some ways you sounded like me when I was your age....Now here is the mother in me, giving you advice from my past experience. THis guy is not THE one....and I think that deep down inside you know it too...You just want him to be. I was 30 before I got married...when I met my husband, I knew, because all of the others were like all of the ones you have dated..My husband was different. We started out with the same amazing love/lust thing, but he was always there for me....anytime...not just on his terms and his time. This man sounds like an ok thing for now, but dont get confused....or you will either get hurt or worse, make a big mistake ie pregnancy or marriage....

Anonymous said...

MG, I just caught up with all of the recent events. I don't know you but my heart dropped when I started reading about your accident. I'm so glad you're okay. Lots of hugs to you.

And I agree with both of the other anonymous post here. He's NOT the one for you!!!! In the long run, you will not be happy with him if he can't give you emotional support when you need it. I dated a guy like this for 4 years. I was always wishing, hoping, praying and pleading that he would realize my needs but it never happened. Trust your instincts, he showed you his real self after your accident.

I'll be thinking about you....