Friday, August 28, 2009

One Simple Word

Now that I'm back into the world of sales I've been doing a lot of networking. Last time I was pretty much single while networking, this time I'm pretty much not. I forgot how the dynamic changes.

On Tuesday I met a gentleman and connected with him on LinkedIn, a professional networking site. His response was only the word "dinner" including not being capitalized. I wouldn't have batted an eyelash at this in the past; however, now I'm wondering what exactly he means - like dinner as in date? I mean, I did mention my boyfriend several times when talking to him about our upcoming trip next week? Does he mean to network? That's a weird time to network...

Ugh! How do I respond?

In the meantime ... two of my dear friends are getting hitched this weekend and I'm very excited to go. My only "friend" wedding I attended was a good handful of years ago in Vegas - we won't mention how that turned out (WOS). These two are a great fit for eachother and I can't wait to celebrate. Granted, because money is not ideal we're camping for it. Turns out the Wisconsin weather is 52 degree high with rain tomorrow night. Yuck. Although I like the BF's reaction when I read off the weather, "CUDDLE!"

I've got a big week ahead of me - tomorrow's the wedding and our trip to Vegas is under a week away! Ah relaxation, I dream of you!

Because of my latest job switch I have exactly $20 to my name, which will be put into my gas tank for the trip up North (must remember to charge my digital camera ...). I haven't bought any new clothes for a good 6 months. My mom knows how hard its been since losing my job so she took me out shopping last night. I got 4 shirts (all on clearance!) and a pair of jeans for Vegas.

Of course, I'm not saving my new attire for the trip so I promptly put on my new jeans and a top for work this morning. I showered last night since networking started at 7:30 a.m. and woke up to the crazy curls that the BF so adores. His reaction, "Wow you look hot, I want to take you." My reaction? "Not right now." I know, shocking right?

Oh and to answer your question Anon from the other day - yes, about twice a week. To each his own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wine him dine him and then take one up the butt for the company instead of for the BF.