Sunday, September 13, 2009

What's a girl to do?

I feel like it's been written before and I'm just rewriting the past.

Girl meets boy, boy rapes girl financially, girl picks up the pieces but is left in shambles. When we got back from Vegas it turned out that the $1300 check from the BF bounced for his half of the expenses from August as well as his money for Vegas. And there's no money to replace it. From switching jobs I already was down a paycheck, I already took an advance. I'm living on $1100 a month for $1600 in bills. And then this.

The worst part is he doesn't even seem to want to fix the situation. When I ran into money troubles I sold my laptop, TV, DVD, Blue Ray, Video Game Systems, Furniture - until I virtually had no belongings to make sure I had rent - yet here he is the owner of a 52" TV and he won't even sell that. After not being able to get a loan or find a co-signer his answer is "Well, I'll just owe people money." That includes me - $2 grand now because we had to borrow $700 from my mom to cover rent.

A huge part of me says just walk away - hello 2005 when my ex sued me for the stupid debt I co-signed on. Huge part of me says get a part time job, owrk through it.

But this for a guy who doesn't want to marry me or have children.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're killing yourself with your bf.

Milwaukee City Girl said...

In 100% seriousness, at this point I'm more dead than alive - but not to him. Until then there's solice in the end of a ten dollar cosmo bottle and the satisfaction that I'm old from the acid reflux it causes.

Anonymous said...

Why doesn't he get a part time job? Oh wait his part time job is playing poker and going out with the boys. Ditch the loser before he really leaves you in a lurch. You aren't getting any younger. What happens in 2 more years, when you finally realize that you should have cut it off? Then you will be old and alone. At least you still have your looks now and can find someone a lot more stable. You already know the answer MG, just get some motivation to do it.

MD said...

Hey MG,

Doesn't he still owe you money from the cruise you two took awhile back?

This guy is irresponsible, unreliable, and will probably never change.

Why do you waste your time with him? Breaking up and moving out might be hard, but staying with him and getting deeper into this rut (and debt) will be much much worse. The longer this goes on, the harder it will be to leave.

You're better than this and deserve better. Move on.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r02_A-3LOc

Anonymous said...

I think Montel or Dr. Phil could help here. Today on "deadbeat boyfriends"

Angie said...

Nothing is worse than where you are now. It's official - with him draining money there is NO aspect of this relationship that makes it better for you to be with him than without him. You'd even have more money if he wasn't around.

And, honey, that $10 bottle of cosmo will STILL be there when he's gone. The acid reflux just might even subside!

Anonymous said...

MG,

I think I've said this before about a year to a year and a half ago.... get away from this guy as quick as you can. He's draining you of all your resources from your money to your emotional health. He is NOT going to change. No matter how much you pray, wish and hope for it. He may make you think that he's changed in some areas but eventually he will revert to his ways of doing things.

Trust me on this one when I say this because I wasted 6 years of my life on a loser who didn't care about me. So I know what you're going through. Your guy doesn't care about you either unless it benefits him in some way.

Think about what you want for your future. Do you want marriage and children? You are young enough now to start over, find someone who will truly care about your well being and not hurt you. Someone who has the same goals as you do in life. And even if you don't meet that person, you deserve more than this guy is giving you. You deserve financial security and emotional well being.

Don't spend another day wasting it on him... Run away from him as fast as you can, there's no time like the present.

A great book to read is "Women who love too much" by Robin Norwood...

Please keep us updated.

Anonymous said...

Hehehe, you knew this is how the story would go...

Anonymous said...

Gosh I don't even know you, I stumbled across your blog and I want to shake you! He sounds like a USER. And he let you take money from your mother to pay his rent?? Wow I can see why you wanna hang with him. Sorry, but you can do better hon!