Saturday, December 08, 2007

Looking for an off switch.

My brain won't stop running.

He never called nor did he come over last night. I didn't really sleep.

So at 9am I got up, packed up the laundry and headed to Franklin. I bought a Christmas tree and stopped by my sister's. I chatted with her boyfriend, he was on the way to pick up her engagement ring so I drove.

He's one of the nicest guys I know, and she's one of the biggest bitches. How did that happen? And here I am - one of the nicest girls on the planet and I can't even get my boyfriend of almost 7 months to call after he's been hanging out with 21 year old hoochies.

So when he finally called at 2:00, I didn't answer. Truth be told, I was doing laundry but I didn't feel the need to return the call. At 3:00 we were at Target, I was returning the present I bought for the BF's kid and picked up something new. But the whole experience was emptied hearted. Then he called again and left an irate message - explaining that he knew I was mad but I had no right to be. I called back a few minutes later, I told him that I was shopping.

At 7 he called and wanted me to go to come over. I said no. He wanted to go to the movies with me & his kid - a movie he didn't want to see. I brought the point up and he said, "I miss you though."

So tell me this - when it was 7:45 he called to say that he couldn't make it the 8:15 show. I offered to take his son tomorrow after he gets done with his mom so he didn't have to see it or go to the later show. If he really did miss me, wouldn't he have chosen the later?

But he didn't. So I sit here on a Saturday night alone, trying to get my brain to stop running.

No comments: